All Hallows Guild was founded in 1916 by Florence Brown Bratenahl, the wife of the Dean of the Cathedral, to raise funds for the grounds of Washington National Cathedral.
Today, All Hallows Guild has over 500 members and a 30 member governing board of directors which meets monthly, September through June. It submits an annual report to the PECF Board of Trustees and is part of the audited financial statement of the Protestant Episcopal Cathedral Foundation of the District of Columbia.
The Guild believes the Close is a beautiful, welcoming and peaceful place today because of wise decisions made by our predecessors. What exists today is the result of their caution, concern and conservatism, and doubly important, their vision and understanding of historical significance and precedent. All Hallows Guild volunteers work with the horticulture and grounds staff as caretakers and stewards of these 59 acres keeping the Cathedral Close a haven of peace and refreshment in the midst of our capital city.
All Hallows Guild Brochure
This Year's Annual Report and Other Guild Publications